Website Capital I LLC
Biomedical Technician / Equipment Support Specialist – Imaging VISN 22-NV
Veterans Affairs Sierra Nevada Healthcare System
As a Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician-Imaging, you will specialize in the repair, calibration, and maintenance of Imaging devices.
Successful Candidate Requirements:
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, including technical and professional staff at various levels of the organization.
· Ability to work alongside clinical staff and maintain professional rapport in a fast-paced clinical environment.
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
· Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
· Familiarity with the Biomedical field including its’ concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Up to 80% travel around the immediate location (only) may be required for this position.
Required Experience or Qualifications:
Biomedical Technician / Equipment Support Specialist – Medical Imaging Systems (e.g., CT, MRI, X-Ray, Linear Accelerator, etc.)
A two-year associate degree or higher in an applied science or equivalent military training. Certification as a Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CRES) is highly desired, but not required.
A minimum of three years of hospital or healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance, with a minimum of one-year specialized experience with medical imaging equipment.
Comprehensive knowledge of imaging techniques, technologies, radiological practices, and procedures.
Demonstrated competency in maintaining medical imaging systems; ability to resolve highly complex breakdowns that have an immediate risk to patient safety; ability to maintain and troubleshoot networked medical imaging equipment to include VLAN configuration, IP addressing, sub-netting, and network security, and build, configure, repair and install workstations and servers in imaging and non-imaging environments; ability to utilize and maintain computer and server based medical equipment, medical record databases, and proprietary and generic software; experience with TCP/IP, HL7, networking, and DICOM standards.
Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards.
Skill in using advanced radiological test equipment such as radiation dosimeters, calibration phantoms, high voltage testing devices, KV and MA meters and monitor calibration devices.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical literature, schematics, and drawings.
Work Conditions and Special Requirements:
· Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., push/pull equipment to and from carts, kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair or maintenance.
· Willingness and ability to travel frequently as required.
Pay Range: $ 84,830- $ 89,294
Annualized: $ 40.78 -$42.93 per hour
80 percent travel around the Reno, NV area only – on behalf of the Veterans Administration, providing services to affiliated clinics and hospitals.
Contract Length: 5 -year long-term government contract with full benefits
Capital i, LLC Benefits:
Annual Leave Accrues to a maximum of 120 hours per year. Leave may not be used for the first 90 days of employment unless approved by your supervisor.
Holiday 11 paid days per year
Health Insurance Employer subsidized medical, dental, and vision through United Healthcare Choice Plus plans. Coverage beings at the conclusion of a 30 day wait period.
Life/AD&D/Disability Insurance Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance (one times your annual salary up to $50,000). Additional employee paid voluntary Life, AD&D, and Disability insurance is available.
401(k) Capital i, LLC matches 100% of your first 3% contribution and 50% on the 4th and 5th percent contributions. Employees are eligible after 3 months of employment and must be 21 years of age.