Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician -Information Systems
Website Capital I LLC
Biomedical Technician / Equipment Support Specialist – Information Systems -VISN 21
Location: Palo Alto CA Veterans Medical Center
Palo Alto, CA
As a Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician –Information Systems, you will repair, calibrate, and perform preventative maintenance on medical equipment. You will also configure medical devices onto the network, set-up internet protocol addresses and provide respective subnetting. You will also provide cyber security by upgrading and installing security patches and necessary software.
Successful Candidate Requirements:
Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, including technical and professional staff at various levels of the organization.
Ability to work alongside clinical staff and maintain professional rapport in a fast-paced clinical environment.
Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Familiarity with the Biomedical field including its’ concepts, practices, and procedures.
Up to 80% travel around the immediate location (only) may be required for this position.
Required Experience or Qualifications:
Biomedical Technician / Equipment Support Specialist – Information Systems (e.g. MUSE, ICU-CIS, PACS, etc.)
· A two-year associate degree or higher in applied science or equivalent military training.
· A minimum of three years of hospital or healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance, with a minimum of one-year specialized experience in medical information systems and networking.
· Current and advanced knowledge of computer virus protection software, available software patches and upgrades, information security tools, electronics, computers, and network theory.
· Demonstrated competency in utilizing and maintaining computer and server based medical equipment, medical record databases, and proprietary and generic software; experience with TCP/IP, HL7, networking, network security and DICOM standards; experience maintaining, interfacing and troubleshooting networked medical addressing, sub-netting, and network security; ability to interpret, identify and apply network engineering principles and practices; and ability to distinguish networking problems from non-equipment to include VLAN configuration, IP (Internet Protocol) -networking problems.
· Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards.
· Familiarity with the setup and application of network test equipment and literature, schematics, and drawings tools.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical.
Work Conditions and Special Requirements:
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., push/pull equipment to and from carts, kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair or maintenance.
Willingness and ability to travel frequently as required.
Salary and Benefits:
We provide a competitive Salary Program commensurate with proven and related skills and demonstrated experience in recognition of the educational requirements for this position.
Pay Rate: $ 41.53 per hour
We will need a copy of your MCSE certificate to advance your pay to the range of :
$47.57 – 57.57 per hour
$98,941.59 – $119,745.60/yr.
Contract duration: 3 years
A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes:
· Annual leave, accruing to a maximum of 120 hours per year (eligible after 90 days of employment)
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision coverage
· Life/AD&D/Disability insurance
· 401k with company match
· An incredible team!
Capital I, LLC is a privately-owned solutions company advancing Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) through the provision of innovative leadership, expert consulting, and superior Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) staffing solutions. We are laser-focused on providing premier sourcing for the federal government by reducing healthcare costs, promoting patient safety, and boosting efficiencies throughout the DoD-Department of Defense, the VA- Veterans Administration and private healthcare sectors.
*Capital I, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org